Sunday, July 15, 2012

Planetary Energies for July 16 to 22, 2012


NorthPoint
Astrology Journal
Written by Pam Younghans
Photo: Spectacular auroras in western Iowa on July 15. The geomagnetic storm was caused by an X-class solar flare earlier this week (photo by Brett Nickeson).

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: If you have scheduled an astrology session with me in the next few weeks (July 20 through August 25), please email me with your birth information. My computer crashed and burned this past week (yes, in keeping with both Uranus and Mercury going retrograde!), and I have lost my astrology chart database, all previous emails, and all email addresses. I have your names and appointment times in my paper calendar, but that's all at this point!

I know I talked about having a "lighter attitude" in last week's journal -- and I'm doing my best to comply! It is humorous to consider how much we depend on these electronic boxes and the information they hold for us. And there was something oddly metaphysical about watching file icons disappear one-by-one from my computer screen as different areas of the hard drive disintegrated.

It was actually magical in some ways -- I was able to access the astrology data for this past week's clients before it disappeared completely, so didn't have to cancel any appointments. And, I managed to grab a couple of Word documents I was working on before they went away, and emailed them to myself to pick up later, which was fascinating.

STILL, I have lots of rebuilding to do now, and there are many ways that I'm having to start over from scratch. My old computer programs don't work with the operating system of my new machine, so there's a learning curve as I figure out the new versions. And, I'm realizing the importance of keeping a written list of log-in names and passwords somewhere, even when we've told the computer to remember them for us...

This event does appear to be related to the Pluto-Uranus effect in my own chart. Although these two planets are not making direct transits to my natal planets, Uranus is transiting my 6th house (work, responsibility) and Pluto is moving through my 3rd house (communication, learning). It demonstrates that we don't have to be experiencing major transits from these two planets in order to reap the benefits of their transformational effects as they work together.

IF YOU'VE BEEN WAITING for more clues as to the effects of the Pluto-Uranus square in your own life, this week may hold the answer to your questioning. Mars is in Libra now, and this week he moves into position to form aspects with both Pluto and Uranus. This alignment allows Mars to act as a "trigger" for the effects of the energy of the Pluto-Uranus square.

The aspects between Mars and the two outer planets are exact on Tuesday (Pluto square Mars) and Wednesday (Uranus opposite Mars), so these are specific days to watch for developments. Jupiter trines Mars on these days as well, magnifying the effects. Breakthroughs and breakdowns continue, truths are revealed, and existing structures and hierarchies are torn down so that new, higher vibrational versions can be constructed -- sometimes starting from the ground up.

ON TOP OF ALL THAT, we have a New Moon in Cancer on Wednesday (9:25pm PDT). The Sun and Moon are in late degrees of Cancer, so are not in direct aspect with the Pluto/Uranus/Jupiter/Mars conglomerate -- but, with these planets strongly configured at the time of the New Moon, we can consider their energies to be intricately woven into the fabric of the new lunar cycle.

And, the Sabian symbol for the 27th degree of Cancer, where the New Moon is located, underscores those effects:
"A violent storm in a canyon filled with expensive houses: A confrontation with a social upheaval demanding the reconsideration of static values."


IT SEEMS we've already seen this symbolic image manifesting in our reality, through the weather and fire-related events of the past weeks. The additional interpretation of this symbol, adapted from Dane Rudhyar's An Astrological Mandala, sheds light on the purposes of these powerful events:
"We must rise to the occasion when our security is challenged by forces beyond our control, beyond the mere act of protecting ourselves from destruction. Once we accept the event as a personal challenge, we can choose to undergo an inner metamorphosis. The challenge produced by uncontrollable karmic forces can lead to a successful Catharsis."


Whew. So, if my hard drive disintegrated, and I'm having to rebuild my information and contacts base from scratch, that's pretty powerful symbology.

WHAT IS the "personal challenge" going on in your life? Is something you've relied on disintegrating, or being torn down? What does that thing, or relationship, or process represent? And what is the "inner metamorphosis" or Catharsis you are being asked to embrace? 

Important questions to ask ourselves this week!

Blessings,

Pam

NorthPoint Astrology Blog: For additional metaphysical perspectives, please visit http://northpointastrology.blogspot.com/ -- I look forward to your comments! To Subscribe to the NorthPoint Journal: If you have been forwarded this issue of my NorthPoint Astrology Journal and would like to receive it directly every week, please click here. Then, scroll down to the bottom of the webpage, fill out the subscription form, and click on Submit. To request a personal astrology reading, please e-mail Pam at pam@northpointastrology.com. Or, see the "Readings" page at www.northpointastrology.com to learn more. Please feel free to share this NorthPoint Journal with people you think may enjoy it. When doing so, please forward it in its entirety, including our contact and copyright information. Copyright NorthPoint Astrology 2012. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: